To be eligible, the applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Has a clear mission of providing opportunities to marginalized producers/farmers.
- Has a clear mission stated in organizational documents expressing commitments to Fair Trade.
- Adherence of Fair Trade Principles provided by World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO)
- Registered with concerned government agency and must have completed three years of active operation.
- Provide employment to at least 10 staff/producers, of which 70% of total staff/artisans/producers are Nepali. Employment should be provided to economically, socially marginalized and underprivileged ethnic minority groups or differently-abled people.
- Employing no less than 3 persons as regular/active staff in organizational activities.
- Organizations must be either a) engaged in the producing, trading and marketing of Fair Trade crafts, agro-food, non-timber forest products and services other than industrial products, or b) non-trading organizations that work in social solidarity economy and broader social justice.
- Organization should be owned or managed by a Nepali citizen
- After receiving membership, members should adhere to FTG Nepal’s Code of Practice.